James C. MacInnis, Q.C., is a respected trial and appellate lawyer who carries on a commercial litigation practice. He has regularly appeared as counsel before the British Columbia courts for more than 20 years. Recognized as leading litigation counsel by Chambers Global, Best Lawyers Canada, Lexpert, and Benchmark Canada, James is committed to providing clients with the highest quality legal advice and advocacy. James’ greatest reward has been building valued client relationships and serving those clients as a trusted advisor.
- Clerk to the Chief Justice of British Columbia, British Columbia Court of Appeal, 1997-1998
- British Columbia Bar, 1998
- LL.B., (Gold Medallist), University of British Columbia, 1997
- M.A., (Guy Drummond Scholar), McGill University, 1993
- B.A., (Honours), McGill University, 1990
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 2019
- Recognized by several publications as a leading commercial litigation counsel in British Columbia:
- “Litigation Star,” Benchmark Canada, since 2012
- Leading practitioner & “repeatedly recommended” in Corporate Commercial Litigation, Lexpert
- Leading practitioner in Alternative Dispute Resolution and Corporate & Commercial Litigation, Best Lawyers Canada
- Ranked for Commercial Litigation, Chambers Canada, since its inception
- Recognized as one of the British Columbia Continuing Legal Education Society’s most prolific contributors.
- KidSafe Project Society – Chair of the Board of Directors commencing 2020; Director and Chair of the Fundraising Committee, 2014-2019
- Crofton House School – Risk Management Committe