Emily L. Hansen is both a fierce adversary and a careful advisor. Her particular aptitude for efficiently absorbing and reasoning through challenging facts and legal issues, and her strong advocacy skills, support a general commercial litigation practice focussing on contractual and other business disputes. She has appeared before the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal of British Columbia and the Provincial Court, and has assisted with matters before the Supreme Court of British Columbia and the Court of Appeal for British Columbia.
- Clerk to Madam Justice MacKenzie and Mr. Justice Savage of the Court of Appeal for British Columbia (2016/2017)
- British Columbia Bar, 2018
- J.D. (Dean’s List, Gold Medallist), Dalhousie University, 2016
- B.A., University of British Columbia, 2013
- Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University – Gold medallist, Class of 2016.
- Also while at Law School, Emily received the Arthur S. Patillo Prize in Advocacy as a winner of the Smith Shield Moot and was the two time recipient of the Frank M. Covert Memorial Scholarship for academic excellence, extracurricular performance, bearing, and speaking skills. She was also recipient of a major entrance scholarship from the Law Foundation of Nova Scotia and numerous other academic awards, including in equity and trusts, property law, family law, tax, professional responsibility, legal theory, and various essay prizes.
- Volunteer judge for UBC Allard Hall 1L moots, 2019, 2020