Cindy Chen has a general commercial and administrative litigation practice, with experience assisting on matters before all levels of court in British Columbia and the Federal Court of Canada. She has also represented clients in commercial arbitrations. Prior to joining NST, Cindy practiced at the Vancouver office of an international law firm.
Cindy is fluent in Mandarin and regularly assists Chinese-speaking clients with complex litigation issues, including shareholder disputes, contractual disputes, and real estate disputes.
- Clerk to Justices Susan Griffin and Joyce DeWitt-Van Oosten of the Court of Appeal for British Columbia (2021/2022)
- British Columbia Bar, 2022
- J.D., University of British Columbia, 2021
- B.Sc. in Biochemistry (with Distinction), University of British Columbia, 2018
- While at law school, Cindy received awards in legal writing and appellate advocacy, as well as faculty awards for academic achievement and contributions to the community. She was also the recipient of an entrance scholarship from the Canadian Bar Association British Columbia Branch.
- Member of the Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (British Columbia) Society