Randall Hordo, Q.C. has over 40 years of litigation experience, including commercial and partnership disputes, securities and pension matters, professional negligence, class actions, aviation product liability, administrative law, and catastrophic personal injury.
Randy has appeared in all levels of Court in British Columbia, in the Federal Court of Canada and in the Supreme Court of Canada. He has also acted as counsel in numerous complex commercial arbitrations.
In addition to his demonstrated abilities in trial and appellate work, Randy is a skilled negotiator who has successfully resolved numerous disputes involving hundreds of millions of dollars. Randy has also lectured on negotiations at the University of British Columbia Law School.
- British Columbia Bar, 1977
- Yukon Bar, 1987
- LL.B., (Gold Medalist), University of British Columbia, 1976
- M.Sc., University of Manitoba, 1973
- B.A., University of Winnipeg, 1971
- Queen’s Counsel, 2002
- Best Lawyers designation as the 2021 “Lawyer of the Year” in Aviation law
- “Lawyer of the Year,” Product Liability Law in Vancouver, The Best Lawyers in Canada, 2014 & 2019.
- Fellow, the Litigation Counsel of America
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (London, England)
- Registered mediator and arbitrator, 2017 Register of Timber Harvesting Contract and Subcontract Mediators and Arbitrators
- Martindale-Hubbell International Law Directory: AV Peer Review rated (the Highest Rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards)
- “Repeatedly recommended” in Corporate Commercial Litigation and Aviation (Regulation & Liability),
- Leading Practitioner for Dispute Resolution, Chambers Global
- Leading Practitioner for Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Class Action Litigation, Aviation Law, Personal Injury, and Product Liability Law, Best Lawyers in Canada
- Leading Practitioner for Product Liability Litigation, Who’s Who Legal Directory
- Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation
- Leading Practitioner for Product Liability Litigation, Euromoney Institutional Investor
- Member, Western Canada Commercial Arbitration Society
- Member, Aviation Insurance Association