Caitlin Ohama-Darcus carries on a general commercial and civil litigation practice with a particular interest in appeals and the resolution of complex commercial disputes. She has sharp analytical skills and a talent for distilling complex questions and communicating clearly and persuasively. She has appeared before the British Columbia Supreme Court and Court of Appeal, and has assisted with matters before all levels of court, including the Federal Court and the Supreme Court of Canada. Caitlin is also an adjunct professor at the UBC Faculty of Law where she teaches Advanced Contract Law to upper-year students.
- Clerk to Madam Justice Kirkpatrick and Mr. Justice Goepel of the Court of Appeal for British Columbia (2015/2016)
- British Columbia Bar, 2016
- J.D., University of British Columbia, 2015
- B.A., University of British Columbia, 2011
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Canada™, 2022
- Rising Star in Dispute Resolution, The Legal 500 Canada, 2021
- Excellence Award Winner for Commercial Litigation Team of the Year, Canadian Law Awards 2020
- Received the Blakes Scholar Award and the Wesbrook Scholarship, the University of British Columbia’s highest designation for academic achievement, leadership, and community involvement. She was also the recipient of numerous academic awards, including awards for contract law, real estate transactions, constitutional law, and advanced legal research.
- In addition to her commercial litigation practice, Caitlin carries on an active pro bono practice
- Member of the Access Pro Bono Appeal Roster Program